Oras na!!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

When You Are An Architect...

I want to share with you what I've read on my friend's facebook account.. and it seems are all positively true :)) 


  • You have probably heard all 1000 songs off your iPod in just one night.
>> Yes. This is true. It happened to me when i was in college years, doing my plate in a rush, because i have a lot of revision that time and doing 23-storey floor plan. Gosh, and all the songs are keep on repeating until morning :)


  • You spend hours looking at and buying architectural design books but never have the time to actually read them.
>> I love buying books. I love to read. Sometimes, my reason is i don't have enough time to finish, and sometimes I just read only 2-3 chapters... and finally stopped. :))


  • You can't afford your own taste.
>> I know in every design, it is imperfect... but sometimes, when you almost did it, you feel its impeccable :))


  • CAD is your co-pilot.
>> CAD-ding for almost 7 years and counting.. 


  • Your closet is mostly full of black coloured clothes.
>> Not at all. I love green, brown.. all earth-toned colored shirts :)


  • There are no people on your travel photos.
>>Yes. Full of buildings photos such as when i went to Malaysia and Singapore.


  • You don't think twice about taking notes on your lunch napkin.
>> I don't think so. But I always bring with me my pocket notes.

  • You turn impossibilities into possibilities.
>> Of course. Even it is impossible, i'll push through into possibilties :) There's no harm in trying.


  • Folks want free design advice during dinner parties.
>> Occasionally. But we always talk about boys, boys, boys.. 


  • You help communities to improve their quality of life.
>> Yes! even you're not an architect, everyone should be responsible for this.


  • Every project has budget challenges.
>> The tough one. Keep on revising because of de-lengthening the budgets.


  • You've paid too much for your education but don't get paid enough in your job.
>> Hahaha, Always. But I think, think this is the way for you to how to deal with your people mostly, your friends, family friends, extended family friends, so on and so forth.


  • CD's don't mean money or music.
>> Yes. To burn CAD files.


  • You will go into an off-limit area to look at a construction detail.
>>Hmm... 


  • You have carpet sample doormats and tile sample coaster.
>> Never happened.


  • You will die an architect, there is no retirement.
>> So true.

You go to the theater and look at the ceiling.


>>So true. Yun lagi ang unang napapansin. Syempre titingna ko muna kung pano nagawa, anong structural features.. so on and so forth.

You can live without human contact, sunlight, water and real food for days... but if you can't plot, that's bad.

The most important date in your calendar is your next deadline.

Your vacations always become a research.

You stare more at the buildings than the people gathered around them.

You draw, write, sketch, and plan on a Moleskine.

You like to complain about other's work.

You hate the font 'Times New Roman'.

You see the sunrise... and set... and rise.

The statement 'It's only 1A.M.' seems perfectly reasonable.

Everybody at party will tell you, 'I thought of being an architect, but I couldn't do the Math'.

When you go to the restaurant, you look at the walls, roof and structure before you check the menu.

You slice your finger and the first thing you think is 'Don't bleed on my model'.

You know CAD, Revit, SketchUp, 3D Max, Corel Draw, Photoshop, but struggle with Microsoft Excel.

You will be kick-ass and admired as much as you were appreciated and misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends and friends and just friends. :)